This mushroom and Madeira sauce is an excellent sauce to serve with a special meal. The simple mushroom sauce is made with drippings from roasted pork, or use chicken or beef drippings.
The easy mushroom sauce makes a delicious sauce for pork, chicken, or beef.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- Pan drippings, 1/4 to 1/3 cup, fat skimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Madeira wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- In a saute pan or saucepan over medium heat, saute the mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Add the green onions and saute for 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the pan drippings, water, wine, and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil; continue cooking, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add salt, to taste.
Note: If you would like a thickened sauce, stir 2 teaspoons of cornstarch into the 1/2 cup of water before adding to the pan.
Makes about 2 cups of sauce.
You Might Also Like
Basic Fresh Mushroom Sauce