It amazes me when people buy industrial dressings and sauces that taste of the factory when making your own is so easy. Simply use my quick recipe for homemade Dutch mayonnaise as a base and add grainy mustard (I prefer Zaanse mosterd for this sauce) and dill to taste. Handy substitutes for Dutch ingredients can be rather simple to make.
- 4 tbsp homemade Dutch mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- In a small bowl, stir the ingredients to combine.
- Scrape into a serving bowl or keep covered in the fridge until needed.
- This is a raw egg mayonnaise recipe, and it is not advised for the very old, very young, pregnant or otherwise immunologically challenged. Using organic eggs is said to reduce the risk of salmonella poisoning significantly. You can also use pasteurized eggs.
- Keeps in the fridge for 1 week if stored in an air-tight container.