This simple recipe combines bold flavors with a lean and mild meat. Pork tenderloin is roasted with a very simple combination of mustard, garlic, and herbs.
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 3/4 to 1 pound each
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons dried leaf summer savory, or use dried leaf thyme or a combination, such as fines herbes
- Dash ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Line a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan with foil. Lightly grease the foil.
- Trim the pork tenderloins of excess fat and wash; pat dry.
- Place the pork tenderloins in the prepared pan. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl until well blended. Rub over the pork tenderloins (top and sides).
- Roast the pork for 45 to 55 minutes, or until it registers at least 145 F on a meat thermometer which has been inserted into the center of the thickest part of a tenderloin.
- Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
Serves 4 to 6.