Question: What is myPay?
Answer: myPay is an online pay account management system that provides paycheck and tax information for military members, retirees, annuitants, and numerous federal civilian employees.
The system, created and maintained by the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), allows military personnel the capability of viewing and printing their:
- Leave and Earnings Statements (LES)
- End-of-year W-2 Wage and Tax Statement Forms
- Army Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) Tax Forms
In addition to viewing and printing documents, users can also:
- Start or change Direct Deposit.
- Change their tax withholding deductions.
- Stop or start hard-copy mailings of LES and W-2 forms.
- Enroll in the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP).
- Change or cancel their contribution percentage to TSP.
Although myPay is a valuable resource for all military personnel, deploying servicemembers who don’t already have a myPay account may want to place creating one at the top of their pre-deployment checklist.
Besides being able to view their LES at anytime from anywhere, married servicemembers about to deploy can give their spouse account access privileges. This is important for many reasons. For example, if the spouse of a deployed servicemember has questions pertaining to pay or needs to print W-2 forms for taxes, he or she will have the ability to do so 24/7 from any location.
If you’re ready to create a myPay account, these step-by-step instructions will walk you through the process.