This slow cooker beef pot roast recipe makes wonderful sandwiches with barbecue sauce or other toppings on the side. Or serve the beef with potatoes and your favorite vegetables. This is an amazing, melt-in-your-mouth pot roast, great with potatoes or noodles, or shred the beef and use in tortillas or toasted buns.
- 1 lean pot roast, about 2 to 3 pounds (beef chuck, rump roast, etc.)
- 1 jar (24 to 32 ounces) Greek salad peppers (pepperoncini)
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Place the beef roast into slow cooker. Dump entire jar of peppers and liquid over it. Add garlic.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Myron's note: I sometimes stuff the beef, peppers and chopped fresh tomatoes into pita bread.
"Oh, my -- the sandwiches!!! Just fabulous. We did exactly as Myron suggested -- put the beef and pepperoncini (we sliced the beef very thinly and reheated it with the peppers in the microwave) onto bread (we used a hearty country loaf, quite French-like, and toasted it to help it hold together under the juicy beef) along with fresh tomatoes (which we sliced rather than chopping, since we weren't using pita).
WOW! So incredibly good that we have another "Amazing Beef" meal in the slow cooker right now, just so we can have more sandwiches!! Unbelievably wonderful. We're so grateful for Myron's recipe." - CS