The Bottom Line
Napoleon has discontinued this line of gas grills. For a list of comparable products see my list of the best Gas Grills between $500 and $1,000.
This is Napoleon's entry into the small grill market for those people who want a full function gas grill, but don't need or want something large. This simple, 2-burner grill has Napoleon quality in a mini-size. Of course, this isn't the least expensive grill of this type, but it is one of the better ones.
Perfect for the terrace, small patio, or balcony where gas grills are allowed, the LA200 is a good grill in a little package.
- Small, yet well-featured gas grill
- Good quality construction
- High heat output
- Infrared side burners are more gimmick than practical
- Two 12,500 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 325 square inches of primary cooking area for a total of 435 square inches of grilling space
- 35,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 8,000 BTU infrared side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Side table fold down to reduce the space it takes up
- Stainless steel and enameled steel construction
- Cover, propane tank, and rotisserie kit sold separately
- Made by Napoleon in China
Guide Review - Napoleon LA200 2-Burner Gas Grill
Napoleon makes a very good gas grill and this little model is no exception. One of the new wave of small footprint grills, this model, called in some literature a Terrace grill, is simple and small.
As a basic 2-burner, this grill doesn't have any extras. You get 23,000 BTUs under 325 square inches of porcelain coated cast iron cooking grate. The side tables fold down to reduce the space it uses.
Okay, I will say that the construction quality on this small patio grill is better than most comparable units.
Of course, you are going to pay for that, but if you don't want to be replacing your little gas grill every few years, then you might want to look at this one.
One of the features that make these small grills great is that the side tables fold down reducing the space it needs to a minimum. Until now, this meant no side burner, but Napoleon has figured it out and provides this model with an infrared side burner, flush mounted into a fold down side table.