01 of 16Zeek Braverman (Craig T. Nelson) is the family patriarch, although he sometimes seems like he's in less control than his son Adam. Zeek's parenting style comes off as overbearing to his four grown children.
Fast facts about Zeek:
- Served in Vietnam
- Once aspired to be an actor
02 of 16Camille Braverman (Bonnie Bedelia) is married to Zeek. They have four children together.
Fast facts about Camille:
- Has 6 grandchildren
- Working through marital problems with her husband
03 of 16Adam Braverman (Peter Krause) is Zeek and Camille's oldest son. He is married and has two children.
Fast facts about Adam:
- Struggles to accept his son's Asperger's syndrome diagnosis
- Starting a business with his brother Crosby
04 of 16Sarah Braverman (Lauren Graham) is a single mom. She and her two teens move from Fresno to her parents' house in Berkeley.
Fast facts about Sarah:
Continue to 5 of 16 below.
- Wrote a play about her family life
- Ex-husband is a druggie musician
05 of 16Julia Braverman-Graham (Erika Christensen) is a working mom. She is married to Joel (Sam Jaeger), and they have one daughter.
Fast facts about Julia:
- Is an attorney at a corporate firm
- Was a swim champ in high school
06 of 16
Crosby BravermanCrosby Braverman (Dax Shepard) is Camille and Zeek's youngest son. His ex-girlfriend introduced him to the son he didn't know he had when the boy was five.
Fast facts about Crosby:
- Drives a Triumph TR6
- Sold his houseboat to try and win his ex-girlfriend back
07 of 16Kristina Braverman (Monica Potter) is Adam Braverman's wife. She is the calm, quiet one of the two.
Fast facts about Kristina:
- Been together with Adam since college
- Found out she was pregnant the day Adam lost his job
08 of 16Haddie Braverman (Sarah Ramos) is Adam and Kristina's oldest child. She is 15 years old.
Fast facts about Haddie:
Continue to 9 of 16 below.
- Straight A student
- Her partying at a friend's house landed her boyfriend in jail
09 of 16Max Braverman (Max Burkholder) is Adam and Kristina's youngest child. He is eight years old.
Fast facts about Max:
- Diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome
- Has a pet cockroach
10 of 16Amber Holt (Mae Whitman) is Sarah Braverman's rebellious daughter. She's 16.
Fast facts about Amber:
- Just moved into her first apartment
- Arrested for marijuana possession with cousin Haddie
11 of 16Drew Holt (Miles Heizer) is Sarah Braverman's only son. He's 14.
Fast facts about Drew:
- Tried to move in with his father but was rejected
- Enjoys playing video games
12 of 16Joel Graham (Sam Jaeger) is Julia Braverman-Graham's husband. They have a daughter named Sydney.
Fast facts about Joel:
Continue to 13 of 16 below.
- Is a stay-at-home dad
- Worked as a contractor before Sydney was born
13 of 16Sydney Graham (Savannah Paige Rae) is Joel and Julia's only child. She's five years old.
Fast facts about Sydney:
- Is taking a Mandarin course
- Recently learned how to swim
14 of 16
Jasmine TrussellJasmine Trussell (Joy Bryant) is a single mom. She has one child named Jabbar with ex-boyfriend Crosby Braverman.
Fast facts about Jasmine:
- Is a dancer
- Recently moved back to Berkeley
15 of 16
Jabbar TrussellJabbar Trussell (Tyree Brown) is an only child. His parents are Crosby Braverman and Jasmine Trussell.
Fast facts about Jabbar:
- Is lactose intolerant
- Prefers waffles over pancakes
16 of 16Katie (Marguerite Moreau) is Crosby Braverman's ex-girlfriend. Him keeping secrets about having a son damaged their relationship beyond repair.
Fast facts about Katie:
- Wants to have a baby
- Dumped Crosby for not being truthful about Jabbar.