Having a baby is one of the biggest life decisions there is. It’s a decision that will change the parent’s life forever. If someone in your life has decided to have a baby, whether through adoption or natural birth, they are likely overwhelmed with the life changes that come with it. On top of deciding which stroller to buy or which foods to give them, they need to remember to maintain their mental health and show themselves care, too. One way you can help them is by sending them a card or a gift that will make them happy in this time of transition.
Purchase or make your own card that acknowledges the big life change they are in the midst of. Tell them you care and remind them that you are always there if they need your support. Adding a handwritten personal note to your card is always a nice touch, as is including your signature. Both of these things will let the new parents know that you actually do care.
Whether this is a couple’s first child or second (or third, or fourth), having a baby is big, happy news. While it will mean the parents’ lives will change drastically, it is often a good thing. Let the parents know how happy you are for them.
When writing a note in a card for someone who is expecting a new baby soon (or someone that has just had a new baby), congratulations are in order. Show them how excited you are for this big step in their life and remind them that you’re a great friend.
- Congratulations! I can’t wait to meet the little tyke.
- I’m so happy for you both. Congratulations on this huge step.
- Congrats on your new baby!
- Congrats, friends! I’m so happy you’re happy.
- Good for you guys. Welcome to the world, little one!
- Congratulations on your new happy, healthy bundle of joy.
Both new parents and experienced ones have some kind of struggle when raising a child, especially when the child is young.
Are you a parent? Be sure to offer some of your wisdom to the new parents. Tell them how you were able to get your baby to sleep through the night or offer them your old baby monitor or stroller. Let them in on all of your parenthood tips and tricks.
If you are not a parent, there is still advice to be given. In your note, add something personal that will help them get through the tough times they will inevitably go through as new parents. It could simply be motivation to keep trucking. Your piece of advice could help them get through the worst days of parenthood and make them smile on the best days.
- Parent hack: frozen marshmallows make the perfect ice pack for young little ones.
- When it comes to communicating with your baby, always stay consistent.
- Teaching my babies sign language for words like “more” and “stop” were game changers for me!
- Just keep going through all the hard times! You can sleep later.
- If your baby can’t sleep, try taking them on a car ride or on a walk in their stroller.
The time after having a baby is a stressful one. New parents are often feeling overwhelmed with a myriad of new responsibilities, like changing diapers and calming a crying baby. They often don’t think of themselves.
If your friend or family member has a new baby, offer your help. Perhaps you are an experienced babysitter or an excellent cook. No matter your skill set, you can support the parents. Cook them a nice meal, give them a night off of babysitting, make them a soothing playlist for bedtime, purchase diapers or other supplies they need. In your card celebrating them, add a note to show your support and fill them in on what services you can offer them, if any.
- Let me know what I can do to help.
- I’m always here! I can babysit whenever you need me to.
- I would love to cook you two a nice meal. Just say the word.
- What do you need? I’m here for you always!
- If you ever need me to stop by the store for diapers or food, give me a call!
- I love you all and I’m only a phone call away if you need help.