The Bottom Line
For around $220USD you get a standard sized, 3-burner gas grill with porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates and a 12,000 BTU side burner. Constructed of a mixture of stainless steel and black powder coated steel this is a basic, moderately priced grill. Unfortunately, this is also another of the "you get what you pay for" grill. Thin metals, lightweight materials, plastic parts, and poor construction limit the life expectancy of this grill greatly.
My recommendation is to look for something smaller and with less features at this price point. Nexgrill, and other importers have similar products and the price seems to only be determined by how shiny the grill is.
- Basic but well featured gas grill
- Limited quality construction
- Low heat potential
- Three 13,500 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 434 square inches of primary cooking space for a total grilling area of 583 square inches
- 40,500 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Electric (AA battery) push button ignition
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Powder coated steel construction with 400 series stainless steel control panel
- Plastic control knobs, hand connectors and door knobs
- Propane tank, rotisserie kit, and cover sold separately
- Imported from China by Nexgrill exclusively for Sears Brands
Guide Review - Nexgrill 3-Burner Gas Grill Model# 720-0825
This model has been discontinued.
If you line up all the grills from a single company there is a natural progression of features, size, quality, and price. The Nexgrill gas grill that is the direct step down from this one is the Grill Master 3-Burner Model# 720-0737 available at Lowes.
The difference, besides a few BTUs is entirely cosmetic, and of course about $70USD. If you like the low grade stainless steel control panel, then spend the extra money, otherwise, it is a better deal to buy the one at Lowes. Then again, it might not.
This isn't an impressive grill from the standpoint of quality, or for the support you can expect to receive. For the price, around $220USD this is a large grill and well featured. The 12,000 BTU side burner is a nice addition and the porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates would help give you a good sear if they had and mass to retain heat. In this price range, you cannot expect a lot of performance or durability and this is one grill that will live up to those expectations.