The Bottom Line
Good quality stainless steel is expensive these days. To pack a big gas grill full of bells and whistles and then wrap it in 304 stainless steel is going to give you a very expensive grill. For Nexgrill to deliver this full feature unit to Costco at a retail price of $1,000 cutbacks had to be made. In this case large amounts of powder coated steel instead of stainless. The features on this grill include a full rotisserie system with burner, side burner, an independent sear burner and a refrigerator.
Yes, a refrigerator. This is a lot of feature for the price. Unfortunately, it isn't just the price that is limited.
- Large Full Functional Gas Grill
- All stainless steel is good quality, 304 stainless
- Heavy stainless steel cooking grates
- Dedicated, independent sear burner
- Fully operational refrigerator
- Limited Support from Manufacturer
- Refrigerator operates at a narrow temperature range (40 to 105 degrees F)
- Many opportunities for failure
- Limited Support from Manufacturer
- Scratches in the powder coating (paint) will lead to rust
- Four 11,000 BTU 304 stainless steel tubular burners in the main grilling space
- 1,055 square inches of total cooking area
- 18,000 BTU infrared sear burner in its own cooking chamber
- 10,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full rotisserie kit included
- 12,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Built in, electric refrigerator with a 56 12-ounce can capacity
- Mixed 304 stainless steel and powder coated steel body and frame
- 7MM 304 stainless steel cooking grates
- Included cover and full rotisserie kit, propane tank sold separately
- Imported by NexGrill exclusively for Costco Stores
Guide Review - NexGrill Dual Head 4-Burner with Refrigerator Model #720-0617
This model has been discontinued.
This is the perfect Costco grill, big and loaded with features. You get a standard grill with 4 burners under one lid and an infrared sear burner under a separate lid. This gives you and independent sear station while not cutting into your primary grilling space. Also included is a full rotisserie system with an infrared rear-mounted rotisserie burner and a good sized side burner. The one feature, of course, that really stands out is the electric refrigerator. Yes, this grill has a refrigerator and a pretty good sized one at that. You can chill 56 12-ounce cans in this unit while cooking up enough hamburger patties to give everyone a beer and a burger.
Now, before we get into the real details I want you to think about the refrigerator. Do you really need a refrigerator in your grill? I know that it sounds cool but just think about it for a minute. If you really, really want it then consider this grill. If it is a cool feature, but not a necessarily one I would suggest you look elsewhere. The refrigerator in this grill is rated to operate between 40 and 105 degrees F. Using the refrigerator outside these temperatures may damage the refrigerator. This is a feature that will need a lot of care.
The basics construction of this grill isn't bad. The limited use of stainless steel holds down the price but puts a lot of powder coated steel. While the paint job on this grill is good any scratch will lead to rusting that can greatly limit the lifespan of this grill. Add to this the complexity of this grill with the limited quality of the internal construction and you have a grill that could cause you a lot of problems. While Costco has an excellent return policy, NexGrill does not have a good reputation for customer support or providing replacement parts.