The small space grill is an ideal choice for a couple or the small family. This model has 311 square inches of primary grilling space, which works out to about 17 x 18 inches. Not a lot of space but plenty for most families. This model is inexpensive and the side tables fold down to keep its footprint to a minimum. The heat output is good, though not that evenly distributed.
- Small space grill
- Pretty good heat output for the size
- Many parts are very thin and all but the burners are low grade
- Very small
- Two 14,500 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 311 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking are of 426 square inches
- 29,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Stainless steel (400 series) and painted steel construction
- Electronic (battery powered) ignition
- Fold down side tables
- Cover included
- Propane tank and rotisserie kit sold separately
- Sold propane only - not convertible
- Imported from China by Nexgrill
Nexgrill has been importing gas grills for many years and is one of the largest grill suppliers in North America. They sell a lot of products under other brand names as well as their own. This model at Home Depot is their inexpensive small footprint gas grill. It has two burners, 29,000 BTUs of maximum heat output, and little else.
So this isn't a large grill, or loaded with features, right? Then it must have some quality to it, and I do mean some. At this price, I would have lost the stainless steel accent pieces and kept it even more simple. Once you get down to the base components you find that this isn't a heavy or highly durable grill.
Covered (provided) and kept clean it should last longer than many of the similarly priced products sitting on the floor at Home Depot.
If you want a small grill and don't want to spend a lot ,then this isn't a bad choice. There are, however, better small gas grills out there.