This easy, no-bake key lime pie is made with only three ingredients: egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, and lime juice.
Not counting the pie crust, of course. For that, you can use a store-bought graham cracker pie shell. (Or make your own.)
The reason this recipe works is that the acid in the lime juice coagulates the egg proteins and causes the filling to set while it chills.
If you can't get real key limes (or key lime juice, which you can sometimes find bottled or frozen) it's fine to use regular limes.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 5 oz lime juice (key or otherwise)
- Beat the egg yolks, and stir in condensed milk until well blended. Now stir in the lime juice and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the filling into your pie shell and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.