This easy raspberry pie is a great summer dessert, or enjoy it any time of the year. Frozen raspberries, pudding mix, and cream cheese make this a tasty and easy pie to prepare.
Prepare it in a graham cracker or cookie crumb crust for an easy, no-bake summer pie. And feel free to vary the berries in the pie. Add some frozen blueberries and blackberries along with the raspberries for a mixed berry pie.
- 1 package (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 baked pie shell, 9-inch
- 1 package (4 serving size) raspberry flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package frozen raspberries (10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Prepare pudding mix according to directions on package. Blend in cream cheese with electric hand-held mixer. Add almond flavoring and stir until smooth. Pour into baked pie shell; refrigerate.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain the juice from thawed raspberries into a measuring cup and add water to make 3/4 cup of liquid. Add the juice mixture to the dissolved gelatin. Stir in the sugar; chill mixture until slightly congealed. Fold in the drained raspberries and chopped nuts. Spread raspberry layer carefully over the chilled pudding and cream cheese layer.
- Cover and chill until the pie is set.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped topping or fresh whipped cream.
Fresh whipped cream: Add 1 cup of cold heavy whipping cream to a deep bowl. With an electric mixer, beat the cream until it is almost thick. Add 3 tablespoons of confectioners' sugar, or to taste, along with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Beat until it holds peaks. Don't overbeat. Add a tablespoon of raspberry liqueur instead of the vanilla, if desired.
You Might Also Like