This is a no-egg chocolate mousse made with gelatin, cream, and cocoa. Serve the mousse in glasses or dessert cups. Or make a parfait with layers of vanilla pudding and toasted pecans or a crumble mixture.
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate curls
- In a small bowl sprinkle unflavored gelatin over the cold water; let stand 1 minute.
- Add the boiling water to the gelatin while stirring, until gelatin is dissolved.
- In a separate bowl combine the sugar, cocoa, whipping cream, and vanilla; stir to blend. Beat on medium speed of electric mixer, scraping the bottom of the bowl a few times, until the mixture is stiff.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the chocolate mixture and beat until well blended.
- Spoon the chocolate mousse into dessert dishes or glasses.
- Sprinkle mousse with chocolate curls, if desired. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
You Might Also Like