This recipe is for classic old-fashioned ginger snap cookies, made with molasses, butter, brown sugar, and spices.
- Combine flour, soda, and spices in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter. Beat in egg and molasses until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture just until blended. Chill for 2 hours or more.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls, roll in granulated sugar, and place on lightly greased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 to 10 minutes, until set.