This is an easy cheese snack. The little cheese balls are made with a surprise olive center. The cheese dough is shaped around pimiento stuffed olives. The cheese balls are chilled and then baked to perfection.
They make a great party snack!
- 48 medium pimiento-stuffed olives, well drained
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 1 jar Kraft Olde English Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 dash salt
- Pat olives with paper towels to dry thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or leave it ungreased.
- In a medium bowl, cut the butter and cheese into the flour. Add salt. Form into small balls around olives; seal well.
- Arrange the cheese balls on the prepared baking sheet and chill for at least 1 hour, or chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat the oven to 400 F (200 C/Gas 6).
- Bake the cheese balls in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Tips and Variations
- Use ripe or kalamata olives in the cheese balls.
- Roll the cheese balls in finely chopped walnuts or pecans before chilling and baking.
- Add 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh parsley or chives to the dough.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of ground sweet paprika to the dough.
- Replace the cheese spread with 1 1/2 to 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese.
Make Ahead Tip: Arrange the unbaked cheese balls on the baking sheet. Freeze and then transfer the frozen cheese balls to food storage bags. Label with the name and date. Keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months. To bake, place the frozen cheese balls on an ungreased or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 400 F oven for about 20 minutes, or until hot.
You Might Also Like