In this recipe, boneless chicken breasts are baked on a bed of rice with a simple, flavorful mushroom sauce. Onion soup mix and condensed soup make the dish simple and give it flavor.
It takes just minutes to prepare the dish.Pop it in the oven and you'll have a full dinner in an hour and 15 minutes. It's an excellent dish for a busy day.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can half-and-half or milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom pieces, with liquid
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Heat the oven to 350° F.
Combine the cream of mushroom soup with half-and-half. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture for later.
Mix remaining soup mixture with the rice, garlic powder and half of the dry onion soup mix (about 1/4 cup). Mix well and pour into a baking dish.
Place chicken breasts on rice mixture. Combine reserved soup mixture with undrained mushrooms. Pour over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with remaining dry onion soup mix, thyme, and Parmesan cheese.
Cover tightly with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
Remove the foil and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until chicken is tender and liquid is absorbed.
You Might Also Like