- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fine-shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons fresh snipped chives
- 1/4 cup (about) grated Parmesan cheese (not the canned stuff)
Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender. Drain thoroughly and return to the pot. Add milk, onion powder, and salt. Mash until no lumps remain. Whisk together flour and baking powder. Add to the mashed potatoes, along with the beaten egg, and whisk until combined. Fold in Cheddar cheese and chives.
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil.
Spoon or pipe rounds (about 2 inches in diameter) onto prepared pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake about 20 minutes until puffed and golden. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings (about 20 potato puffs)
Place cooked potatoes into the pitcher of a heavy-duty . Add milk, onion powder, salt, egg, and baking powder. Pulse until smooth and combined. Transfer to a bowl and fold in Cheddar cheese and chives. Proceed as above to bake.
Note: Blender method tested with Ninja Kitchen System 1200.
Suggested Related Recipes
• Potato Salad Recipes
• Alfredo Parsley Potatoes Recipe
• American Potato Cutlets Recipe
• Blue Cheese Potato Cakes Recipe
• Brie Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe
• Easy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
• Fat-Free Gold Fries
• Gratin Dauphinois Recipe
• Herb Roasted Potatoes Recipe
• Leek and Potato Fritters Recipe
• Paprikash Potatoes Recipe