Delicate orange flavor highlights these great tasting buttermilk pancakes. Honestly, an amazing meal at any time of day.
Serve the pancakes with maple syrup, golden cane syrup or an orange-flavored sauce or syrup.
You Might Also Like:
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (finely grated)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar (granulated)
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil (for the skillet or griddle, or as needed)
- If you plan to keep batches warm until they are all made, heat the oven to 200 F.
- In a bowl, whisk the orange juice with the orange zest, buttermilk, and eggs until smooth.
- In another bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and sugar. Stir into the first mixture, blending well. Add the melted butter and stir until smooth.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add the oil to the hot skillet. When the oil is hot, pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan for each pancake.
- When bubbles begin to appear over the top of the pancakes and the edges begin to look dry, flip them and brown the other side lightly.
- Adjust the heat under the pan, as necessary.
- Remove the pancakes to a plate and keep warm in the preheated 200 F oven or a warming drawer.
- Fold about 1 cup of fresh blueberries into the batter.