The Orgasm is a popular mixed drink that has many forms. If you have yet to taste this creamy cocktail, then you're in for a real treat. No matter how you make it, it's hard to deny that this is a delicious drink.
The recipe for an Orgasm Cocktail can vary. By most accounts, this one is the most common and it is a simple mix of equal parts coffee, amaretto, and Irish cream liqueurs. If you like, a dairy cream can be added and you can serve it on the rocks or in a cocktail glass.
Yet, as you will see, this is only one way to make an Orgasm. Other recipes add vodka or switch up the flavor entirely. There is even an Orgasm shooter which rivals this slow-sipping cocktail in popularity. It's hard to decide which to mix up, but discovering which is your favorite is not that bad of a task.
- Pour the liqueurs into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Fill with cream if desired.
More Ways to Make an Orgasm Cocktail
Before you mix up your first Orgasm, browse these variations and consider adding them to your taste testing experience.
- Skip the Cream - For a nice, short drink, skip the cream in the Orgasm recipe above. The Irish cream will retain the drink's creaminess and this version is best served 'up' in a cocktail glass.
- An Orgasm With Vodka - If you're looking for a slightly stronger drink, just add vodka. One popular variation opts for cream over Irish cream, though Irish cream is perfectly fine as well. In either case, retain the equal pour of all the ingredients.
- An Entirely Different Orgasm - To really shake up the flavor of the Orgasm, you might try the orange-chocolate version. For this one, pour equal amounts of vodka, amaretto, triple sec, and creme de cacao. That drink will not be creamy, but to bring back that aspect simply add a splash of Irish cream or dairy cream.
- Orgasm Shots - From the Screaming Orgasm to the standard Orgasm (sans vodka), this is a fun drink to serve up as a party shooter.
How Strong is the Orgasm Cocktail?
If we were to use the following liqueurs, we can easily estimate the amount of alcohol in the average Orgasm Cocktail: Bailey's (34 proof), Kahlua (40 proof), and a 42 proof amaretto.
- Orgasm with 2 ounces cream: 21% ABV (42 proof)
- Orgasm without cream: 33% ABV (66 proof)
- Orgasm with vodka and no cream: 34% ABV (72 proof)
As you can see, the Orgasm cocktail may look sweet and innocent, but this creamy concoction is not as weak as you might think.