01 of 07
Origami Finger Puppet Tutorial
In this tutorial you will learn how to make a super easy origami finger puppet!
This origami model is a Traditional design. You can check out some other traditional origami models, here: Traditional Origami at PaperKawaii.com
For this finger puppet, it would be nice to use paper that have a white side and a coloured side, but if not, your puppet will still work fine!
The paper needs to be square, if you only have printer paper, you can find out how to make a perfect square, in this tutorial: How to... make square paper
This origami puppet looks like a cute cat, you can make other animal faces too such as a bat or dog by drawing a different face, or folding the ears differently. For a fun craft activity for kids, you can decorate these with glitter, sequins and ribbons!Continue to 2 of 7 below.
02 of 07
Origami Finger Puppet Tutorial - Step 1
Start white side up.
1. Fold in half vertically.
3. Fold in half horizontally.Continue to 3 of 7 below.
03 of 07
Origami Finger Puppet Tutorial - Step 2
5. Fold the right corner down to the bottom center point.
6. Fold the left corner down to the bottom center point.
7. Fold the right flap up from the center as shown.
8. Roughly position the flap with the right edge at a 90 degree angle.Continue to 4 of 7 below.
04 of 07
Origami Finger Puppet Tutorial - Step 3
9. Fold the left flap in the same way as the right.
10 & 11. Fold one layer from the bottom section up to the top point.
12. Turn the model over.Continue to 5 of 7 below.
05 of 07
Origami Finger Puppet Tutorial - Step 4
13. Fold the left and right edges inwards as shown in #14 & 15.
16. Fold the bottom section up to the top point.Continue to 6 of 7 below.
06 of 07
Origami Finger Puppet Tutorial - Step 5
17 - 19. Fold the top section down, including all layers.
You could stick these down if you like.
20. Turn the model over.Continue to 7 of 7 below.
07 of 07
Origami Finger Puppet Tutorial - Step 6
21 & 22. Draw a cute face!
Your cute little finger puppet it finished, I think mine looks like a cat, but you could make it a dog, fox, rabbit, bat or other animal, you can also get different variations by folding the ears down at the end or positioning the ears differently in step #8.
Don't worry if it didn't work out the first time, just try again, it can take practice.
If you enjoyed this easy origami puppet and would like to try something more challenging, check out some of these in...termediate origami models!