01 of 05
Origami Strawberry Instructions & Printable
Learn how to make a super cute origami strawberry! There are three colours available with different options and also a miniature version too! These sweet little origami strawberries would make great embellishments on cards, turn them into hair clips, pendants or stick them onto toothpicks to use as cake toppers or pop them into cocktails!
Here in Australia it's getting to summer, there are delicious strawberries and other fruits available, whilst the northern hemisphere is settling in for... Halloween and winter, we are buying sunglasses and packing away our winter clothes!
This origami strawberry is very easy to make, you can certainly do this origami model with kids. My seven year old daughter happily folded six of them and drew faces on them!
The printable paper is available to download, here:
You can choose from red, dark pink or light pink, they come with black seeds, white seeds, no seeds and also with a space to draw on a face, you can also download a smaller, miniature size too!Continue to 2 of 5 below.
02 of 05
Origami Strawberry Instructions - Step 1
1. After you've printed out the free strawberry paper, you'll need to trim off the excess paper, you can use scissors, paper trimer or craft knife.
2. The two green corners should be to the left and right, with the coloured strawberry section at the bottom.
3. Fold the paper diagonally behind so that you are left with no white showing.
4. Fold the left and right green sections up.Continue to 3 of 5 below.
03 of 05
Origami Strawberry Instructions - Step 2
5. Flip the paper over.
6. Fold the left and right edges into the center line.
7. After the flipping over the right 'leaf' to the left, fold the top right edge from the top center inwards a little.
8. Do the same with the left side.Continue to 4 of 5 below.
04 of 05
Origami Strawberry Instructions - Step 3
9. This is what you should have.
10. Fold the bottom up to meet the green leaves.
11. Fold the right side of the bottom inwards to meet the white center line.
12. Do the same with the left.Continue to 5 of 5 below.
05 of 05
Origami Strawberry Instructions - Step 4
13. Now you can flip the model over and fold the leaves down! You can use a tiny bit of glue to keep them in place if needed.
In order to make the stand, check out a quick video tutorial, here.
If you've made a strawberry, please tag #paperkawaii on instagram so that I can see it!
For more tutorials and also video tutorials, I run a youtube channel called Paper Kawaii, also check out some of my websites below if you like :)