Pork tenderloin is one of the leanest meats available, and according to the National Pork Producers' comparison chart, it's nearly as low in saturated fat as chicken breasts. The tenderloin is part of the loin, usually sold in packages of one or two. Since there's very little fat on a tenderloin, a small amount can go a long way, particularly in stir-fry dishes, or cut and flattened as medallions.
Whole pork tenderloins and medallions can be marinated with a liquid or dry spices for extra flavor.
The main thing to remember when cooking pork tenderloins is not to overcook when roasting since overcooking will cause the meat to dry out and toughen. It's a good idea to use a meat thermometer to test for doneness; cutting into the meat to test for color will cause too many good juices to run out. Cook pork tenderloin to a temperature of at least 145° F., as recommended by the USDA. This should produce tenderloin that's juicy, tender, and safe.
Since tenderloin is often somewhat higher in price, look for sales and stock up! Fresh pork may be kept frozen for 3 to 6 months.
Below, you'll find a variety of pork tenderloin recipes, including easy skillet recipes, baked and roasted recipes, and a few for the slow cooker. Enjoy!
- Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Bourbon and Cola Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Cinnamon Apple Pork Tenderloin
- Crockpot Pork Tenderloin Creole
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin, Slow Cooker
- Maple Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Maple Mustard Pork Tenderloin
- Mustard and Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin
- Orange and Garlic Pork Tenderloin Medallions
- Pork Medallions with Madeira
- Pork Medallions with Mushroom-Dill Sauce
- Pork Tenderloin in Sour Cream
- Pork Tenderloin Medallions With Dijon Mushroom Sauce
- Pork Tenderloin Medallions With a Simple Marsala Sauce
- Pork Tenderloin Medallions With Spicy Marmalade Sauce
- Pork Tenderloin With Bourbon Sauce
- Pork Tenderloin With Herb and Mustard Butter
- Pork Tenderloin With Honey Mustard Glaze
- Pork Tenderloin With Maple Glaze
- Pork Tenderloin With Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions
- Pork Tenderloin With Rosemary
- Pork Tenderloin With Sour Cream and Mushroom Sauce
- Roast Pork Tenderloin
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin With Sweet Cherry Sauce
- Rosemary Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- Simple Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Spiced Pork Tenderloin With Fresh Cranberry and Orange Glaze
- Stuffed Roast Pork Tenderloin
- Thyme-Crusted Pork Tenderloin