Cooking bacon in the oven is fast and easy. You get the added benefit of no splattering and the cooked bacon is flat, not curly.
Time Required: 10 to 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a rack inside a shallow baking sheet.
- Lay out bacon slices side-by-side, not touching, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on desired doneness level.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Keep in mind that the bacon will continue to cook a bit when you remove it from the oven. It will crisp more as it cools.
- Line the shallow pan with foil for easy clean up.
What You Need:
- Shallow baking sheet.
- Baking rack to fit inside the pan.
- Foil (optional).