This is a super easy oven braised corned beef brisket. The corned beef is braised in a mixture of beer and beef broth, along with a few seasonings.
Serve it with cabbage and potatoes, or use it for sandwiches. This is a delicious way to cook corned beef for a St. Patrick's Day meal.
- 1 corned beef brisket, about 4 pounds
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups beer
- 4 cups beef broth
- Rinse the corned beef brisket under cold running water, rubbing to get all of the salt off of the surface.
- Put half of the sliced onions in a large Dutch oven. Place the corned beef on top of the onions and put the remaining onion slices over the brisket. Sprinkle with the peppercorns and allspice. Add bay leaves to the pot.
- Heat the oven to 275 F.
- In a saucepan, bring the beer and beef broth to a boil.
- Pour the beer and beef broth mixture over the brisket.
- Cover and put the brisket in the oven. Cook for 4 to 5 hours. Serves 8 to 10.
Tips and Variations
Skip the preservatives and make this recipe with your own homemade corned beef. Plan to start about a week in advance to allow time for curing.
You Might Also Like