This crispy Creole chicken is flavored with a simple Italian dressing marinade.
The crunchy crust is made with Creole seasoning, garlic, and panko crumbs. If you use chicken tenders or thinner chicken cutlets, cut the cooking time down to about 30 minutes, or until the chicken registers at least 165° F on a food thermometer.
Use a store-bought Cajun or Creole seasoning or make this homemade blend.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing, reduced fat
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- In a large plastic storage bag, mix chicken pieces with salad dressing. Marinate for about 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Combine the panko crumbs, parsley, garlic, and Creole seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Dredge marinated chicken breasts in the crumb mixture, coating well. Arrange the chicken breasts in a 13- X 9- X 2-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for about 40 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- The chicken should register at least 165° F on a food thermometer., the minimum safe temperature for poultry.
- Serve with a rice dish or mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.
You Might Also Like