These turkey cutlets are oven-fried to perfection with a crispy panko and Parmesan cheese coating. Serve with potatoes or rice and a vegetable for a tasty everyday meal.
Use a Creole mustard or bold and spicy whole grain mustard in the egg mixture. For a finer crumb coating, pulse the bread crumbs and cheese in the food processor.
- 4 turkey cutlets, about 1/2 to 1-inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (about 2 to 3 ounces) fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- Dash hot sauce
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Grease a large, shallow baking pan or line it with parchment paper or nonstick foil.
- Pat the turkey cutlets with paper towels to dry and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the spicy mustard and a dash of hot sauce; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the panko crumbs and cheese.
- Dip turkey cutlets in the egg mixture, coating well, then coat with the crumb mixture. Arrange in the foil-lined baking pan.
- Cook for 12 to 20 minutes or until cooked through, depending on thickness.
You Might Also Like