Oven fried zucchini is a delicious way to enjoy a bumper crop of zucchini. And this zucchini dish goes well with everything from chicken to fish to burgers.
Don't Miss: Zucchini Recipes You Don't Want to Miss
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs or regular bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Wash, trim and slice zucchini into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of the olive oil over a baking sheet to evenly coat. Set aside.
- Beat egg in a small bowl.
- Spread bread crumbs out in a shallow dish. Stir Parmesan cheese, salt, basil, and pepper into bread crumbs.
- Dip 5-6 zucchini slices into the beaten egg. Transfer to the bread crumb mixture, pressing on both sides to coat. Shake off excess, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining zucchini slices.
- Drizzle remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the zucchini.
- Bake in preheated oven 8 minutes. Using tongs, turn zucchini so the other side gets crispy. Bake another 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
Per serving (based on 6): 127 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 g cholesterol, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein, 7% vitamin A, 38% vitamin C, 12% calcium, 6% iron