With the launch of The Spruce Best Home Paint line, we were inspired to create complementary playlists for all your painting projects. Each one is inspired by a group of our colors, and reminiscent of a certain place, feeling, season, or event. You can listen to them while you head out on a road begin a sleepy Sunday at home, or they can just as easily be played while you tackle painting your bathroom or start a new DIY project.
The playlists reach across a wide variety of genres, artists, and songs, but we want to hear from you, too! We’ll be making new playlists each month and adding songs to our most popular playlists. Send us an email and let us know what tunes you’d like to hear, and what songs our paint colors remind you of. Follow us on Spotify or simply click on the links below to listen along with us over here at The Spruce.
There aren’t many things better than a beach trip. Whether you’re down a misty coast, or trying to get in the tropics, this playlist has you covered. Even if you’re at home in the middle of winter, these songs will transport you to a beautiful beach while you paint. It’s a mix of surfer riffs, tropical bops, and quiet acoustic tunes to fit any kind of beach trip—planned or imagined.
Our picks for this playlist were sparked by a few of our dreamiest colors: Sundream, Sandbar, Breezy Beach, and Lilac Sand. These are some of our favorite paints for bedrooms, primary bathrooms, and nurseries.
About This Term: Primary Bathroom
Many real estate associations, including the National Association of Home Builders, have classified the term "Master Bedroom" (or "Master Bathroom") as discriminatory. "Primary Bedroom" is the name now widely used among the real estate community and better reflects the purpose of the room.
Read more about our Diversity and Inclusion Pledge to make The Spruce a site where all feel welcome.
- Let’s Go Surfing - The Drums
- Man On Fire - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- Seaweed - Hockey Dad
- Methyl Ethel - Twilight Driving
- Sound of Sunshine - Michael Franti and Spearhead
- Could You Be Loved - Bob Marley and The
- Radiate - Jack Johnson
- Lazy Afternoon - Rebelution
- Island in the Sun - Weezer
- Dive - Coast Modern
Rainy days, sleepy weekends, and intimate dinner parties are all perfect reasons for spending a day lounging inside. This quiet playlist has all the right tunes for cozying up with a cup of tea, sharing a meal, or painting your space a calming new color. You’ll get carried away by soothing acoustic guitars, melancholic crooning, and warm, fuzzy stanzas.
These songs were selected after seeing a few of our favorite quieter hues grouped together. The featured colors—Cold Brew, Winter Wreath, Stormy Skies, and Warm Linen—are all perfect tones for a bedroom, dining room, or living room.
- Promise - Ben Howard
- Barcelona - George Ezra
- Georgia - Vance Joy
- Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
- Sleep On the Floor - The Lumineers
- Kiss the Grass - Paper Kites
- Coastline - Hollow Coves
- Coming Home - Leon Bridges
- Don’t Know Why - Norah Jones
- La Vie En Rose - Daniela Andrade
We’re throwing it way back this playlist. All of your favorites from the ’60s through the ’80s have a place here, so you’ll now have the perfect soundtrack for any long drive. Bleating harmonies, searing rock tunes, and catchy lyrics are all in the mix.
Our inspiration for this playlist comes from The Spruce colors Persimmon Orange, Electric Kumquat, Retro Vibes, and Wax Pepper. These slightly dusty shades remind us of all-things retro; they may be from the past, but they still have a burst of exciting energy surrounding them. Use these paints on accent walls, guest bedrooms, or home gyms.
- Hotel California - Eagles
- Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes - Paul Simon
- California Dreamin’ - The Mamas and the Papas
- Take It Easy - Eagles
- Take the Money and Run - Steve Miller Band
- Ramblin’ Man - The Allman Brothers Band
- Open All Night - Bruce Springsteen
- Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
- Jack & Diane - John Mellencamp
- ’ Up - Bruce Springsteen
- Shooting Star - Bad Company
- Piece of My Heart - Big Brother & The Holding Company
- Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
- Wildwood Flower - Joan Baez
- Love Shack - The B-52’s
This playlist is for celebrating when the sun is finally out and here to stay. The vibes and feelings of ice cream, state fair wheels, sidewalks, and dips in the pool are all wrapped up in these songs. It’s a mix of bops, saccharine poolside tunes, and upbeat choruses to get you excited for one of our favorite seasons.
The colors that inspired this playlist are , Coral Lava, Lemon Cream, and Deep Pool. We love to use these hues on DIY projects like chairs, picture frames, and screen door . They’re also perfect if you’re looking for a burst of color in places like powder rooms, kids’ bedrooms, or bonus rooms.
- T-Shirt Weather - Circa Waves
- Flashed Junk Mind - Milky Chance
- Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies
- Wire - HAIM
- Summertime Magic - Childish Gambino
- Steal My Sunshine - Len
- Do It Like You Do - KAWALA
- Free - Donovan Frankenreiter
- Lost in My Mind - The Head and the Heart
- (If You’re Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To - Weezer