01 of 06
Round Paper Ornament for Christmas and the Holidays
This round paper ornament is deceptively easy to make. It is created from strips of paper which are joined together to form a round shape. This ornament uses the same design as this paper pumpkin decoration.
This paper ornament can be customized in many ways. I used rubber stamps to decorate the paper and added some gold embossing to add some extra sparkle. Glitter glue, stick-on jewels or other embellishments could also be added. To finish the ornament I attached a beaded tassel which catches... the light.
- Medium or heavyweight paper (to make the paper ornament shown you will need enough paper to cut 6 strips which are 12 inches in length and an inch wide)
- 2 Brads
- Scissors, pencil, ruler and other craft tools
See the following pages for a step by step guide.Continue to 2 of 6 below.
02 of 06
Decorate the Paper and Cut Into Strips
If you are using plain paper decorate the paper before cutting. I used heat embossing to create a raised gold effect design on the paper. You could also use glitter or simple plain inks to decorate the paper.
Cut the paper into strips that are about 12 inches in length and an inch wide. The size of the ornament can be varied by changing the size of the strips. Different effects can be achieved by using more or less strips to form the round ornament shape.Continue to 3 of 6 below.
03 of 06
Join the Strips
Measure the middle spot on one of the strips. Make hole using a needle or paper punch and use this as a guide to join the strips of paper together using a brad.Continue to 4 of 6 below.
04 of 06
Fan the Strips
'Fan' the strips out so that they are equally spaced around the central point.Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
Join the Strips at the Top
Join the strips at the top of the ornament to form a round, globe shape.Continue to 6 of 6 below.
06 of 06
Finish the Ornament
When all the strips have been gathered together at the top, bend the arms of the brad to hold them in place. Now is the time to add further decoration if required! Add glitter glue or other embellishments to give some extra sparkle. I made a tassel of beads to hang from the base of the ornament. Simply add a thread or cord to the top and the ornament is ready to hang!
More Festive Rubber Stamping and Paper Crafts
- Christmas and Holidays Templates - Use these Christmas and festive themed templates... to add to cards and other projects
- Christmas Card Templates for Rubber Stamping - Border templates for Christmas cards
- Christmas Rubber Stamping Ideas and Projects - Create your own unique Christmas cards and gifts this year using simple rubber stamping techniques!
- Clothes Pin Card Holder - Bling up your clothes pins to make an unusual card holder
- Festive Pinwheels - These festive pinwheels make unusual decorations and garlands
- Free Printable Gift Tags - Handmade gift tags are useful for adding a personal touch to festive gifts
- How to Make a Rubber Stamped Paper Chain - How to make paper chains for the holiday season
- How to Make an Exploding Box - This cute exploding box makes an unusual alternative to a standard gift box and is surprisingly simple to make!
- Ideas for Ornaments Created from Air Dry Clay and Rubber Stamps - Ideas for making ornaments from air dry clay and decorated with rubber stamps
- Ideas for Sentiments and Greetings for Christmas Cards - Sentiments and greetings for Christmas cards and other festive projects
- Make a Glass Jar Candle Holder With Vellum and Rubber Stamps - These candle holders are very effective and are simple to make using a glass jar, vellum and rubber stamps
- Make a Paper Globe Ornament - This effective ornament is easy to make and can be adapted in many ways
- Make a Small Cube Ornament - Pretty cube ornament for the festive season
- Make a Snowman Card - Make a three dimensional card embellishment for the festive season
- Ornament Projects and Ideas - Make handmade ornaments using these great ideas
- Quick and Easy DIY Handmade Christmas Card Projects
Simple rubber stamping techniques are all that are required to create great looking handmade Christmas cards
- Quick and Easy Small Card Ornament - Easy three dimensional card ornament.
- Rubber Stamped Wrapping Paper - Turn plain paper into attractive and customized wrapping paper with rubber stamps.
- Rubber Stamping Christmas Cards Ideas and Inspiration - Ideas and inspiration for rubber stamping Christmas cards