01 of 11
Supplies Needed to Make a Money Rose
Are you attending a wedding or graduation this summer? Do you plan to give money as a gift? Why not make some roses with dollar bills? Younger people appreciate flowers as gifts, but let's be honest, it is cash that they want more.These flowers fulfill both requirements, and will long be remembered as one of the most creative and unusual gifts received.
You can use any denomination of money, although the money flower tutorial example uses one dollar bills. Who wouldn't love a flower... constructed from fifty dollar bills? It all depends on how generous you plan to be.
Continue to 2 of 11 below.
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Floral tape
- Pencil or pen
- Silk flower rose
- Vase (*optional)
- Plastic floral sleeve (*optional)
- Paper money
02 of 11
Pull Apart the Silk Flower Rose
1. Remove the silk rose and sepal from the stem.
2. Save the sepal; it will be used in a later step.
3. Keep the silk rose petals for another craft project.
*A Quick Tip: If you are planning a wedding rose petals look lovely on your reception tables, or you can have your flower girl toss petals onto the runner in your service.Continue to 3 of 11 below.
03 of 11
Place Dollar Bills in a Row
Continue to 4 of 11 below.
- Lay your dollar bills in a row.
- Lay four of the bills face down, and one of the bills face side up.
- The bill that is placed face up will be the center of the money rose.
- The bills that are face down will be the petals of the money rose.
04 of 11
Curl the Corners to Form the Petals of the Money Rose
Continue to 5 of 11 below.
- Curl the corners of the bills using a pencil or pen.
- Wrap the corner edge tightly around the bill and then release.
- Curl the corners of the bills facing downward toward the center of the bill.
- The bill facing upward will be the center of the rose.
- Curl two of the corners of the bill that will be the flower bud towards the center.
- Turn the bill over and curl the remaining corners towards the center.
- If you become confused when curling the bill edges, just use the above photo as guidance.
05 of 11
Pinch the Center of the Petal Bills Together
Continue to 6 of 11 below.
- Pinch the middle of the first face down bill together using your fingers.
- The curled edges should be pointing downward.
06 of 11
Attach a Piece of Floral Wire to the Bill
Continue to 7 of 11 below.
- Take a piece of floral wire and fold it in half.
- Place the folded wire over the top of the center pinch, and twist together underneath.
07 of 11
Make the Center of the Money Flower
Continue to 8 of 11 below.
- Take the bill that was designated to be the flower center ( the bill that was face up) and pinch together.
- Pinch it in the center and wrap with floral wire.
- Arrange the bill with fingers to form a tight flower bud center.
08 of 11
Form All of the Money Petals
Continue to 9 of 11 below.
- Continue pinching and wrapping all of the bills. You should now have four petals and one flower bud center.
- Hold the flower bud in your hand.
09 of 11
Wrap the Money Petals Around the Center Bud
Continue to 10 of 11 below.
- Place the petals around the center floral bud.
- Wrap the wires of one petal section at a time around the wire of the central rosebud forming a stem.
10 of 11
Attach the Sepal and Wrap With Floral Tape
Continue to 11 of 11 below.
- Make the center hole in the saved sepal a bit larger and slip it over the floral wire until it is on the bottom of the money rose head.
- Wrap the floral wires with floral tape forming a one-inch wrapped stem under the rose head.
- Leave the remainder of the floral wire unwrapped.
- Trim the floral wire, so the about one-half inch of unwrapped floral wire is visible under the wrapped portion of the stem.
- Wrap the floral wire around the top portion of the silk rose floral stem.
- Cover the entire floral stem... from top to bottom with wrapped floral tape.
11 of 11
Paper Money Rose Presentation Tips
There are several options for presenting the rose money flowers. Any of these suggestions will make a lovely floral display.
1. Wrap the flowers with a simple ribbon and tie into a bow.
2. Place the flowers in a bud vase and wrap the vase with a ribbon.
3. Place the flowers into a plastic floral sleeve and tie a ribbon around the sleeve into a bow.