Keep the peachy-keen tastes of summer in your home year-round with this easy peach freezer jam recipe. Prepared as simply as traditional jam, it is then stored in freezer-safe containers so that you can enjoy the "fruits" of your labor anytime.
More Homemade Jam Recipes
- 4 cups peeled, crushed fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup fresh strained lemon juice
- 1 package (1 3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 5 1/2 cups sugar
- Measure peaches into a large kettle; add lemon juice. While stirring with a wooden spoon, slowly add the pectin.
- Let stand 20 minutes; stir every 5 minutes to blend pectin with fruit. Add syrup and blend well; add sugar and blend well.
- Cook over low heat to about 100°, just warm to the touch. Do not allow mixture to become hot.
- Pour jam into freezer containers to within 1/2-inch of top. Cover jars at once. Let stand until jelly consistency.
- Store in freezer until ready to use. Store in the refrigerator once jar has been opened.