Plan to make this flavorful fresh peach salsa early in the day or the day before to give the chopped fruit and vegetables time to mingle.
The fruity salsa is flavored with red onion, cilantro, peppers, and a little garlic. It is excellent with pork chops, chicken, fish, and seafood. It's especially good with seared or grilled tuna or chicken.
See the tips and variations below the recipe for additional ideas and how to peel peaches.
- 4 small peaches, peeled and diced
- Juice of 2 limes, about 1/4 cup juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 to 3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced jalapeno pepper, or to taste
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion or sweet onion
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and blend well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate until serving time. The flavors are best if the salsa is refrigerated for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve this peach salsa with grilled or broiled fish, pork, or chicken.
Makes about 1 1/2 to 2 cups.
Tips and Variations
Replace the peaches with nectarines, or use replace a portion of the peaches pluots, plums, or apricots.
How to Peel Peaches: The most effective way to peel peaches is to dip them in a pot of boiling water for about 15 to 20 seconds, and then immediately immerse them in ice water.
The peels will be loosened and peeling will be much easier.
You Might Also Like