This easy peach upside-down cake is made in a rectangular cake pan, or divide the batter and ingredients and bake it in two 8-inch round cake pans.
The peach upside down cake is easy and convenient because it's made with a cake mix.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or melted butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 can (28 ounces) peach slices
- Optional: maraschino cherries (halved)
- 2 eggs
- 1 white or yellow cake mix (2 layer size)
- Garnish: whipped cream
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Pour the vegetable oil or melted butter into a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan; sprinkle brown sugar evenly in pan. Drain peaches, reserving syrup. Arrange peaches and some maraschino cherry halves, if using, in the sugar mixture.
- Add enough water to peach juice to make 1 1/3 cups of liquid; add liquid and 2 eggs to cake mix. Beat as directed on the package.
- Pour the batter over the fruit.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan.
- Let stand 5 minutes and then turn upside down onto a cake dish or large platter.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
You Might Also Like