This simple peach upside down cake is made with canned peaches, but fresh or frozen peaches could be used as well.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups sliced drained peaches
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup hot water or peach nectar
1. Heat the oven to 375° F (190° C/Gas 5).
2. Melt butter in a 9-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over the butter. Spoon the drained peaches over the brown sugar.
3. In a mixing bowl beat the eggs with an electric mixer until light and lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Gradually beat in granulated sugar.
4. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the egg and sugar mixture, alternating with the hot water.
5. Pour batter over peaches.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes.
7. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn upside-down onto a serving plate.
You Might Also Like
Peach Cake Recipe (Tube Cake Pan)