This peach cake is like an upside-down cobbler with a rich sweetened cream cheese topping. There's no need to top this peach dessert with extra cream.
The bottom crust, even though it is fully cooked, stays quite moist from the sliced peaches.
- 1 large (about 28 ounces) can sliced peaches
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour*
- 1 package cheesecake or vanilla instant pudding mix (3.4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a deep dish pie plate or 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and drain the peaches. Set the peaches and the reserved liquids aside.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, mix the flour, instant pudding, softened butter, egg, and milk until smooth and blended. Spread the batter over the bottom of the prepared pie plate or baking dish. Arrange the drained peaches over batter.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and 3 tablespoons of the reserved peach juice until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over peaches, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake the peach dessert for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the topping is lightly browned and set.
- Cool and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
*To make self-rising flour, add about 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder and about 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
You Might Also Like