This moist banana bread is made with peanut butter powder, chopped peanuts, mashed ripe bananas, and mini semisweet chocolate chips. The peanut butter powder adds a light peanut butter flavor to the banana bread. It's a quick bread Elvis would have loved!
I used mini chocolate chips in this bread along with the chopped peanuts. The chopped peanuts add more peanut flavor and texture but chopped pecans or chopped walnuts may be substituted.
- 1/2 cup butter (1/2 cup, room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup peanut butter powder
- 3 large bananas (very ripe, mashed)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (mini, semi sweet)
- Grease and flour a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan. Heat the oven to 325° F (165° C/Gas 3).
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract and milk.
- Sift dry ingredients together; add to creamed mixture and beat on low speed just until blended.
- Stir in the mashed bananas.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips and chopped roasted peanuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan; bake the loaf for about 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Store the bread covered or in a food storage bag at room temperature for up to 2 days or store for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. For longer storage, freeze the banana bread. See the instructions below.
Makes 1 loaf of peanut butter banana bread.
Tips and Variations
- Substitute raisins or toffee chips for the mini chocolate chips.
- Instead of chopped peanuts, use chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Replace half or all of the granulated sugar with packed brown sugar, light or dark.
- Double the recipe for two loaves.
- Wrap a (cooled) loaf or individual slices in foil and then in a freezer storage bag. Label with the name and date and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Drizzle a simple chocolate glaze over the cooled bread. Combine 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips, 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter, and 1 tablespoon of corn syrup in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in a few drops of vanilla extract, if desired, and drizzle over the banana bread.
You Might Also Like