I call this peanut butter banana smoothie recipe the "Elvis Special," because his favorite sandwich was peanut butter with bananas and honey. This smoothie will give you tons of energy to keep going all day long.
If you don't have time to freeze the banana slices in advance, just use regular bananas and add more ice. And if you like, you can substitute regular milk (whole or low-fat), almond milk or even coconut milk for the soy milk in this recipe.
- 2 cups frozen banana slices (approximately 2 medium bananas)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup ice
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. honey
Garnish with chopped roasted peanuts, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Place frozen banana slices, frozen pineapple chunks and ice in the bottom of a blender or the work bowl of a food processor, fitted with a metal blade.
- Pour soy milk over fruit.
- Add remaining ingredients. Puree until smooth. If the blender doesn't seem to be crushing the pineapple chunks well enough, stop it. Push the pineapple down with a spoon. Restart.
Don't Miss: Smoothie Recipes the Kids Will Love