This delicious bread pudding is wonderful on its own. To kick it up a notch, add chocolate sauce or about 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips to the mixture just before baking. Warm fruit preserves would make a delicious sauce for this pudding as well.
- Butter a 11x7-inch baking dish. Heat oven to 350 F.
- Put torn bread into a medium bowl.
- In a bowl, whisk 3 cups of milk with the 4 eggs and vanilla; pour over the bread, stirring to blend.
- In a saucepan, combine peanut butter, the remaining 1 cup milk, and sugars. Heat the mixture over medium heat until peanut butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Blend the peanut butter mixture into the bread mixture.
- Add mini chocolate chips, if desired.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish; bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until set.
- Serve with a chocolate sauce or raspberry sauce.