Shake in a blender, to the rescue! Super simple and crazy easy! This chocolate peanut butter protein shake can be whipped up in your blender or smoothie maker in no time. It is packed with protein and oats to keep you full, satisfied, and healthy!
You can use any kind of milk you want for this recipe. It is easy to make this vegan if you are using a non-dairy milk and a soy or hemp protein. Although, remember there is far less protein in almond, and coconut milk than dairy and soy milk, so there will be quite a bit less of protein if you use one of those milks. Also be conscious of the thickeners and additives that are added to almond and coconut milks! There are many pros and cons to different types of milks! Just find the one that works best for you!
You could also add a small frozen banana to this recipe instead of the ice cubes. Just add in a little more milk so the shake is not too thick. Bananas make for a great shake thickener and are a nice natural sweetener too. Chances are your protein powder will have quite a bit of sweetener already!
I love using the peanut butter powder because it has less fat and still has lots of protein. It also stores really well and is less likely to go rancid. You can find huge containers of it for good prices at Wholesale Food Stores. But, you can always use regular smooth peanut butter, preferably an all natural one with no hydrogenated oils! The peanut butter could also be omitted if you have an allergy!
- 1 1/2 cups milk (cow, almond, soy, or coconut)
- 2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter powder (PB fit, or substitute 1 scant Tablespoon peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup Oats (Old Fashioned)
- 4 ice cubes
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Serve with a smoothie straw for easier drinking. This is a thick shake! It can be kept in the fridge for a few days but will need to be stirred before drinking!