Peanut Butter Eyeballs are a fun, easy Halloween candy recipe for kids and adults alike! You'll love these salty and sweet peanut butter balls, decorated to look like bloodshot eyeballs. You might recognize these as a variation of the popular candy called Buckeyes.
Don't miss the video showing How to Make Peanut Butter Eyeballs!
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter (chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces white chocolate candy coating
- 1 bag candy-coated chocolate pieces (like M&Ms)
- 1 red edible color marker (or red decorator frosting)
1. In the bowl of a large mixer, blend peanut butter and butter until creamy.
2. Add powdered sugar and vanilla to peanut butter mixture and continue beating until it looks smooth.
3. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil or waxed paper.
4. Using a spoon, scoop out balls of peanut butter and roll between your palms to get them as round as possible. Place on the cookie sheet and refrigerate until firm, about 30-45 minutes.
5. Place the white chocolate coating in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted. Stir thoroughly until it is smooth.
6. Use dipping tools or a fork to dip a peanut butter ball into the melted white chocolate. Take it from the bowl and let the excess coating drip back into the bowl. Replace it on the cookie sheet and proceed to dip the rest of the peanut butter balls.
7. While the chocolate is still wet, press an M&M candy in the center of the ball.
8. Return the eyes to the refrigerator to harden.
9. When the eyeballs are firm, use the red decorator frosting or the red edible color marker to make squiggly blood vessels from the bottom to the top of the eyeballs.
10. Store Peanut Butter Eyeballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, and bring them to room temperature before serving.
Check out some more recipes: