This creamy peanut butter pie is made with a cream cheese and peanut butter filling. Use a prepared graham cracker or cookie pie crust for this pie.
Top this delicious pie off with chopped peanuts and chocolate shavings, if desired. Whipped topping makes the pie super easy to fix, and it's a no-bake pie.
- 1 baked pie crust (or use graham cracker crust, 9-inch (see below))
- 6 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed (or 1 envelope prepared Dream Whip topping)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Optional: chocolate shavings, mini chocolate chips, or sauce
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar and peanut butter. Slowly add milk, beating until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; pour into crust.
- Top with peanuts and chill thoroughly or freeze before serving.
- If frozen, remove the pie from the freezer at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with shaved chocolate, mini chocolate chips, or a hot fudge sauce if desired.
Tips and Variations
- This pie can be served frozen or chilled.
- Decorate the top of the pie with coarsely chopped frozen peanut butter cup candy.
- Double the recipe; make two peanut butter pies and keep one in the freezer.
- Make the pie with a chocolate cookie crumb crust.
- For banana lovers, place a layer of banana slices (ripe, but firm) in the crust before you add the filling.
Make a graham cracker pie shell from scratch. In a bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs (about 14-16 graham crackers) with 1/3 cup of melted butter and 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. Pat the graham crackers over the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake in a preheated 375 F oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool and fill.
You Might Also Like