This delicious peanut butter pie is easy to make with a graham cracker crust, a thin layer of fudge, and a cream cheese and peanut butter filling. Make this special and delicious dessert for any occasion.
This recipe uses chocolate fudge cooked to soft ball stage, but you can use your own favorite fudge recipe. An easier fudge option (especially good for summer months!) would be this Super-Easy Chocolate Fudge recipe, omitting the nuts.
- Graham cracker crust for 9-inch pie*
- Fudge Layer:
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups whipped topping
Graham Cracker Pie Crust
Purchase a large graham cracker crust or make your own:
- Mix 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine; pat into a 9-inch pie plate and chill for about 30 minutes before filling. If a crispier crust is desired, bake at 375 F for about 7 minutes before filling.
- In a medium saucepan, cook sugar, chocolate, milk, corn syrup together, stirring occasionally, to the soft ball stage (see below), or about 234 F to 240 F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter. Beat lightly for a few minutes; pour into bottom of pie crust. Chill thoroughly before filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with peanut butter, powdered sugar, and milk. Fold in whipped topping until well blended.
- Spoon into fudge-layered pie crust and garnish with chocolate curls and/or chopped peanuts. Chill thoroughly before serving.
To Test for Soft Ball Stage:
- Use fresh cold water each time you test the candy. In about 1 cup of cold water, spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of hot candy.
- Put your hand into the water and push the candy to form a ball. Gently pick the formed ball up (if it will not form a ball, it is not done) - the soft ball will flatten slightly when removed from water.
You Might Also Like