This simple pecan crescent cookie recipe makes a delicious snack and is one that is very easy for beginning bakers to make. All the ingredients are easily obtained, and the preparation time is short. Pecan crescents are butter cookies with chopped pecans and a confectioner's powdered sugar coating.
- Cream butter; gradually beat in 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla, the flour, pecans, and salt. Blend well. Chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Shape dough into crescents, using about 2 teaspoons for each cookie. Place cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake at 300mF for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the rack until just slightly warm.
- Combine 1 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar mixture.