Even if you think you don't like Peeps, these Peeps S'mores will make you a believer!
Peeps, that quintessential Easter candy, are utterly transformed in this recipe. They change from soft, springy marshmallows without much flavor, to crunchy candies with a caramelized sugar taste on the outside and a wonderfully gooey texture on the inside! The toasted peeps are paired with crunchy graham crackers and melting chocolate to make s'mores like you've never had them before!
- 12 marshmallow Peeps, storebought or homemade
- 6 1.55-oz. chocolate bars
- 12 rectangular sheets graham crackers
- Turn on your oven's broiler element, and place the oven rack in the center of the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Break the graham cracker and the chocolate bars in half so that they're squares.
- Arrange 12 graham squares on the baking sheet, and top each cracker with a square of chocolate. Place a Peep on top of each chocolate.
- Place the tray in the oven for 35 seconds. Check after 35 seconds and see how toasted the Peeps are—they should be slightly puffed, looked melted around the sides, and begin to form a golden brown crust on top. If they don't look melted enough, leave them in for another 5-10 seconds, but keep a close eye on them!
- Remove the tray from the oven and immediately top the Peeps with the remaining graham squares, pressing down on them to squish the marshmallow out to the sides.
- Peeps S'mores don't save very well, so make these to order and enjoy them immediately!