01 of 07
How I Organize My Closet
Anyone can talk about how they should be organized, but sharing how you actually organize your closet is personal, and endlessly interesting to me. In the series How I Organize My Closet you will read interviews with people on how they sort their clothes, how often they donate or cosign and what their dream closet looks like.
How I Organize My Closet
02 of 07
How I Organize My Daily Routine
I start my day by tackling my most challenging projects first, others go for a run or walk, or like to read their emails and make a To Do list. In the series My Daily Routine, people discuss when they do their big thinking, their mundane tasks, and how they fit in hobbies and exercise.
- Daily Organizing Routine
- Weekly Organizing Routine
- Monthly Organizing Routine
- Get More Done with a Daily Routine
- How to Create a Daily Routine
- How to Stick to a Daily Routine
- Daily Checklist
- 10... Tips for a Better Daily Routine
- Erin Duran's Pro Advice on Daily Routines
- Wendy Salmon's Pro Advice on Daily Routines
- Daily Routine Reading List
03 of 07
How I Organize My Kitchen
Kitchens are used as work spaces, for storage, and often as a staging area for the rest of your life and items you are not sure where else to put (mail, calendars, keys). In the series How I Organize My Kitchen people share their routines for storing appliances, meal planning and even how to organize their spices (Lazy Susans, for the win!).
- Get Started with Kitchen Organization & Storage
- Declutter the Kitchen in 20 Minutes a Week
- 25 Ways to Organize Your... Kitchen
- Kitchen Cabinets 101
- How to Organize a Kitchen Pantry
- How to Organize Kitchen Appliances
- 5 Best Kitchen Storage Solutions
- How to Declutter the Kitchen Pantry
- How to Declutter Kitchen Cabinets
- Readers Best Kitchen Time Savers
04 of 07
How I Organize My Holidays
Rather than focus on how stressful the holidays can be, I liek to think of it as a great time to reconnect with people through holiday cards, gatherings and exchanges of gifts and pleasantries. It's always less stressful if you have a plan, so in the series readers share tips on how to host a holiday meal, store wrapping paper and cards, and generally keep the peace during the season.
Holidays 101Continue to 5 of 7 below.
05 of 07
How I Organize My Trips & Travel
Everyone has a different way of organizing their "stuff" for travel. From pakcing to itineraries to what to eat on the road, readers share their best tips in the series
06 of 07
How I Organize My Shoes
In How I Organize My Shoes, readers confess their organizing and storage challenges when it comes to keeping shoes and boots neat and tidy. (Hint: As pretty as it is, no one uses the shoe wheel pictured left.)
Shoe Organization 101
07 of 07
How I Organize My Clutter
Ah, clutter. Even if you're not making an appearance on an upcoming edition of "Hoarders," chanes are, you've got at least a little bit of clutter. What are you secretly hoarding? What could you let go of? Readers confess in the series How I Organize My Clutter.
- What is Clutter?
- What is Aspirational Clutter?
- Readers Respond: What is the Biggest Source of Clutter in Your Home?
- 8 Reasons You Have Clutter
- How to Let Go of Clutter
- How to Clear Clutter
- How... to Declutter Your Home Room-by-Room
- The Top 10 Sources of Clutter
- How to Organize Cable Clutter
- 5 Tips to Stop Hoarding Clutter
- Cut Clutter with a 30 Minute Organizing Project
- Follow the Weekly Organizing Routine and Declutter for 20 Minutes a Day
It's one thing to read How To guides for how you should organize your home, it's another to actually implement these techniques and keep them going. That's why I decided to interview real people about how they actually organize their home and spaces. You can read, and then share your best tips for how you organize your closet, daily routine, kitchen, holidays, travel, shoes and boots and clutter.