This delicious and hearty main dish pasta skillet recipe takes just minutes to put together and serve. You can use Easy Meatballs instead of purchased ones if you'd like. The last time I made this I used chicken meatballs and a frozen green bean and baby carrot combo. If you browse through your grocer's freezer section you can find lots of interesting vegetable combinations to try.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can easily keep all of the ingredients on hand so you can make it in minutes instead of going to the drive-through window for burgers or fried chicken strips. And it's so much better for you than fast food!
Serve this easy recipe with a green salad tossed with avocados and drizzled with a creamy ranch dressing. Add some garlic toast for a complete and delicious meal.
- 1 1-pound package frozen cooked meatballs (or one batch Easy Meatballs)
- 1 16-ounce package spaghetti pasta
- 1 16-ounce package frozen bell pepper and onion stir-fry mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 12-ounce container refrigerated pesto
- 1-1/2 cups half and half
- Bake the meatballs as directed on the package or in the recipe. Set aside. Cook the spaghetti as directed on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook the bell pepper and onion stir-fry (or any other frozen vegetable combination) as directed on package, about 7 to 9 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.
- When the veggies are cooked, stir in the meatballs, the cooked and drained spaghetti, the pesto, and the half and half. Cook this mixture over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until the food is hot.
- Serve immediately.