Petal Envlope Template
A petal envelope is a very simple type of envelope to make, however, the end results belie the simplicity of the project. It is called a petal envelope as the sides or flaps of the envelope fold inwards like a petal. With a few extra embellishments and flourishes, you can make this pretty envelope into a stylish yet functional item which you can use in many ways. Use the petal envelope to present gift cards or tokens, or write directly onto the center of the envelope and make the envelope itself... an invitation or greeting card. If you want to make the envelope smaller, you can resize the template on your computer or your printer.
Download the Petal Envelope Template
To download the template, click on the link above, you may need to click again on the image to see the fullsize version. Then right click and save to your computer.
To make the envelope simply cut the shape from paper and fold the edges into the middle. Use a sticker or ribbon to fasten the envelope.
Tips for Making a Petal Envelope
Here are some tips for making a petal envelope:
- Use a bone folder to score the folds. This will help to give you good crisp edges. This is particularly useful when you are using a thicker cardstock.
- Fold the flaps inwards going in a clockwise or anticlockwise direction. The flaps should fold under each other and hold secure, however you may want to add some additional adhesive to ensure they hold together permanently, if this is what you require.
- Make the petal envelope from colored paper. Cut a square of complementary colored paper to attach to the middle of the envelope and write directly onto this.
- Decorate the insides of the flaps. When the envelope is opened the flaps will open up and your decorations will be visible.
- Use a sticker to hold the flaps together. If you do not have a sticker to hand, stamp into a plain disc of paper and attach this to the envelope with double sided tape or glue.
More Envelope Projects, Templates and Tutorials
We have more envelope projects, templates and tutorials for you. Check out some of the pages below for some ideas for your next rubber stamping project:
- Decorate Envelopes - how to decorate shop-bought envelopes with rubber stamps
- Folded Paper Envelope Tutorial - learn how to make an envelope from a single piece of paper
- Popular Envelope Sizes - find out the most popular envelope sizes for different sized cards and plan your envelopes for your handmade card projects
- Gift Tag Pocket Envelope Template - this template will help you make small gift tags with matching envelopes, ideal for scrapbook pages and decorations!
- Seed Envelope Template - this template will make a seed envelope which is a great way to present some seeds from your garden as a thoughtful gift
- Gift Card Envelope Template - this is a simple gift card envelope template which can be decorated in a variety of ways
More Gift Packaging Templates and Projects
For a wide selection of other gift packaging templates and projects, including both gift bags and gift boxes that are perfect for customizing to any occasion see - Gift Packaging Projects or check out some of the projects below:
- Gift Bag - This easy-to-make gift bag is perfect for decorating and customizing with rubber stamps. Make this gift bag from kraft paper, decorate with bold stamps and add some flowers to make striking decorations - Go to Project Page
Folded Paper Tray - The folded paper tray or gift basket is perfect for presenting a wide range of gifts and comes with a template which will create a basket in two sizes - Go to Project Page
Pillow Box - Pillow boxes are a versatile form of gift packaging. This template will make pillow boxes in two sizes, however you can also resize the template on your printer or using a photocopier - Go to Project Page
Folded Paper Gift Box - These simple gift boxes are simple to make and are perfect for housing a special gift. Decorate the boxes with a few well placed stamped images or stamp the paper first for an all over design - Go to Project Page
Really Easy Paper Basket - This is a simple basket to make and is created from a single sheet of paper. This basket will adapt to a wide variety of other occasions and can hold a range of gifts. Vary the theme of the basket by using different papers and embellishments - Go to Project Page