These little wrapped hot dogs make a delicious lunch or snack, and they're the perfect hors d'oeuvres for a party or casual gathering. Plus, kids can't get enough of them!
Bake them for a party or tv snack and watch them disappear.
- 8 hot dogs
- 4 slices (3/4 ounces each) cheddar or American cheese
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated canned crescent rolls
- Optional: 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- Garnish: sesame seeds or poppy seeds
- Garnish: yellow mustard or dipping sauce
- Cut each slice of cheese into 6 narrow strips (24 strips total).
- With a sharp knife, cut each hot dog down the middle lengthwise almost all the way through.
- Fit 3 strips of cheese into each hot dog.
- Separate the crescent dough into triangles and wrap each hot dog starting with the long end of the triangle, stretching the dough a little to completely cover the hot dog.
- If desired, brush the tops of each crescent wrapped hot dog with the optional egg and water mixture and then sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds or poppy seeds.
- Place dogs on a parchment paper or foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 400° for 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve them warm with yellow mustard, a Creole mayonnaise sauce, or your favorite dipping sauce or mustard and mayonnaise combination.
- Fill the hot dogs with the cheese and then cut them in half crosswise. Cut a crescent roll triangle in half to wrap the hot dog halves.
- Omit the cheese for plain crescent hot dogs.
You Might Also Like: