This pina colada cake recipe is a rich, sweet, delicious cake made with pineapple and coconut. A filling of coconut cream and sweetened condensed milk are poured over the baked cake, from a yellow cake mix, and then crushed pineapple is spread over the top.
The topping is a mixture of whipped topping and shredded coconut.
Thanks to Janet for sharing this easy tropical cake!
- 1 box yellow cake mix (plus oil, eggs, etc. as directed on package)
- 1 can Coco Lopez or similar, about 15 ounces
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) drained crushed pineapple
- 1 large tub (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Bake cake according to the mix's directions in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- While the cake is baking, mix the coconut milk and condensed milk together well.
- When the cake is done, take the handle end of a wooden spoon and poke holes all over the cake.
- Pour the coconut and condensed milk mixture into the holes and over top of cake.
- Place a sieve over a bowl and drain the pineapple thoroughly.
- Spread the drained crushed pineapple on top of cake along with some of the reserved liquid.
- Let the cake cool and then mix the coconut, and whipped topping together and spread on top of cake; sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate until very cold before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Replace the frozen thawed whipped topping with 2 envelopes of Dream Whip prepared following the package directions.
You Might Also Like
Pina Colada Cake Recipe (Tube Cake Pan)